Taking Applications for 500 Jobs
The 500 Jobs Initiative includes paid training and employment opportunities available for 14-21 year-olds living in Guilford County. Participants will take part in workforce, career awareness, and life skills workshops. Employment opportunities are available in a variety of industries including but not limited to healthcare, landscaping, hospitality, and food service industries. It is our goal to provide employment to all eligible applicants, however, **employment is not guaranteed.
Applicants MUST meet the following requirements:
- 14-21 years of age
- Complete the 500 Jobs Application -Registration is Closed
- Live in Guilford County
- Provide a Student One Card from Guilford County Schools, Drivers License or Permit as ID
- Apply for Youth Employment Certificate (If under age 18)
- Click the APPLY NOW button to launch your summer adventure
- Apply for a Youth Employment Certificate (Watch video for help)
- Secure a Student One ID Card from your school
- Create a FREE digital business card by visiting by Hi Hello on your mobile device
- Look out for a phone call, email or text from a 500 Jobs Representative
Apply NOW! A representative will contact you soon.
The 500Jobs Initiative Provides
Job Readiness Training
- Participate in workshops to help you perfect important “soft skills” identified by local employers.
Paid Work Experiences
- Eligible participants will have an opportunity to take part in a 6 week work experience with a local employer.
- Workshops are offered on financial literacy, individual Strength, Weakness, Opportunity, & Threats (SWOT) Awareness Training.